In addition to being a member of the State Bar of Georgia and a member of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Gus is a member of both the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum. The Million Dollar Advocates Forum is recognized as one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States and less than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
- In 2015 Mr. McDonald represented a victim of a Tractor-Trailer collision and recovered 1.2 million for an ankle fusion
- In 2015 Mr. McDonald represented a victim in a high speed collision and recovered 1.1 million
- In 2015 Mr. McDonald represented a victim in a boating collision and recovered 1 million
- In 2015 Mr. McDonald represented a husband and wife who were victims in a tractor trailer collision and recovered 1 million
- Between 2014-2015 Mr. McDonald recovered 4 confidential settlements that exceeded 1.5 million dollars
- The law firm had 13 jury trials in State, Superior and Federal Courts with only 1 loss
- In 2013-2015 Mr. McDonald recovered 8 settlements in excess of $600,000.00
- Mr. McDonald has extensive experience in Dram Shop litigation and from prior experience relating to driver impairment
- Mr. McDonald has lectured on Dram Shop and impaired driving in 12 States
- Mr. McDonald is national published in the area of impaired driving
- Mr. McDonald has earned a solid reputation for litigation
Gus has represented Judges, Lawyers and Law Enforcement Officers over the past 19 years. Gus is recognized as an authority in two areas of law – injury where alcohol is involved and where a driver is impaired & litigation involving wrongful death caused by automobile. Gus, along with his partners, has recovered over $50,000,000.00 for clients who are the victims of negligence. The law firm has the largest verdicts and settlements in surrounding Georgia Counties such as Rabun, Dawson, Barrow, Hall, Banks, Habersham and Stephen’s County. Gus is a frequent lecturer for the State Bar and ICLE seminars.
Gus has been litigating cases since 1995 and has tried in excess of 90 jury trials. Over the years the litigation has taken place in Georgia, Texas, Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina and North Carolina. Since 2012, Gus has focused exclusively on Personal Injury with a focus on Dram Shop litigation and product liability. Since 1995 Gus has been a featured speaker in 19 states on topics such as liability for alcohol related injury and impaired driving. Recently Gus obtained a 3.4 million dollar verdict for Robert Elliot in a North Georgia. That verdict is now the record for that court. In addition, in 2016 Gus and his partner Gerald Cody also set the record for recovery in two other North Georgia Counties. Gus and Gerald maintain a low case load to provide quality representation and to maximize the recovery. Gus lives with his son Jackson McDonald on Lake Burton where they enjoy working around the lake and socializing. Jackson will be following the footsteps of his father and grandfather by starting law school in the fall.
Gus’s email address is firstname.lastname@example.org his phone number is 678.446.9216.
Personal: Habersham County, Georgia.
Son, Jackson McDonald